The Lord has been showing me more and more each season of my life how crucial His Word (the Bible) is to every aspect of my walk with Him and life!
The three things that I have found to be so important are to:
- Be in it
- Have it in me
- Live in the reality of it in daily life
These are ways it can be real in our lives:
Read the Word:
Matthew 4:4, “...Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.”
- Be in the Word daily.
- Read it for what it is - the word of GOD to you!
- Read asking Him to speak to your heart.
- Ask Him to work what you read into your heart and life - and follow Him in obedience!
I have found it to be so important to be in the Word every day. Just like we need to feed our bodies to keep us alive, so we need to feed our souls with the Word of God! God speaks to you through it, you come to know Him more, and it shapes who you are and your perspective on life! We cannot afford to miss reading it!
Hebrews 4:12, “For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.”
Memorize the Word - and think about it through the day:
Colossians 3:16, “Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom...”
- Hide God’s Word in your heart and mind.
- Let it fill your mind and shape your thoughts. (That’s why it is so good to have it memorized - so you can think about it any time!) It often takes training and disciplining your mind to turn to the Word for a while to form a habit.
One way that is so helpful in memorization is to write the verse(s) that you are memorizing on a 3x5 card. This way you can carry with you, or put it in a place where you see it a lot. You can also find a friend to hold you accountable!
Luke 11:28, “...blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.”
Live out the Truth of it:
James 1:22, “But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.”
- Let it go from your head to your heart and come out in how you live.
- You live what you believe. What you base your life upon will be evident by the fruit of your life.
- Live each moment in the reality of the truth of God’s Word.
For me it has been saying, “I KNOW this is true, but I need to walk in the reality of it in how I live each moment.”
A beautiful way to make this really personal is to take a verse and to insert your name into it.
“The Lord is (your name)’s Shepherd, (your name) shall not want.” Psalm 23:1
So, today as I think about the coming week in light of that verse, I know I will not lack anything, because the Lord is my faithful Shepherd. I just want to cling closely to Him!
John 8:32, “And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”
So, together, let’s be in the Word, let the Word be in us, and accept the Lord’s grace to live in the reality of it every moment of our lives!
Let’s be young women of the Word, friends!
John 14:23, “Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.”